My favorite. I love the academic part of law. I was taught appellate law by Chief Justice Arthur England, interned with Justice James Adkins, and served as Senior Staff Attorney for Chief Justice Joseph A. Boyd. I am also a co-writer of The Supreme Court of Florida and Its Predecessor Courts, 1821-1917.
Background: Mr. Reder served as an attorney for the Florida Supreme Court for seven years. When Justice Boyd was the Chief Justice during 1984-86, Mr. Reder served as his liaison with The Florida Bar, the Circuit Court Judges’ Conference, the Florida Legislature, the Governor’s Office, the Office of the State Court Administrator, the newly credited Judicial Council and various other committees and councils concerning Florida’s judiciary. Mr. Reder also played an instrumental role computerizing the court system.
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society, Director 1980-86.
- The Florida Bar, Charter Member of Appellate Law Committee
- The Florida Bar, Chairman Appellate Rules Amicus Curiae Subcommittee 2004
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Chairman Appellate Law Section 2009-2010.
- Contributing author The Supreme Court of Florida and Its Predecessor Courts, 1821-1917 (University Press of Florida 1977) .